Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Color color what color do you choose

Brown, red, orange, yellow - add different shades to these colors and liberally sprinkle them all over the country side - that's the fall foliage.

I first spotted these colors and was majorly excited 7 years back. I was visiting a friend in Boston and I flew down to Manchester in NH. The to and from drive to Boston from Manchester was maginificient. Never had I seen nature in greater splendor, all possible hues, glowing in true glory. I had committed them to memory.

Last year, fall came and I was excited about the fall foliage, hoping to see nature's grandeur. I was disappointed. Even more so because I had raised my husband's expectations of what he would get to see. Either we were too early or too late or maybe the fall colors just didnot come that vibrantly. I wondered if I dreamt all those colors way back then.

This year has been amazing. The colors are all over the place. So vibrant and so wonderful. Esp. when the sun's rays are falling on the leaves.

Fall is coming to an end. The leaves are all falling off. And we are expecting our first snow of the winter in a day...

No comments: